Confused about what maths your child learns at school?
I can show you what they’re learning + how you can help them at home.
It’s true… Maths ISN’T taught the way you learnt it at school.
So, you’ve spent hours down a Google rabbit hole asking:
- What are number bonds?
- How does my child add 2 numbers together in Year 2?
- What does my child need to know for Year 6 SATs?
- How do I teach my child their times tables?
Only to find yourself more confused than when you started. Vowing never to get involved with your child’s maths homework.
And frantically searching for a maths tutor.
I’m Lizzie Mackenzie
A qualified teacher, tutor + parent with 10 years’ experience working with children (and 7 years of doing the parent bit).
I help parents to know what maths their child is learning at school so that they can have the confidence to support their child at home with their maths learning.
I’m passionate about making maths learning a happy experience for everyone involved + I believe that if parents have the right help + guidance about the maths curriculum then maths doesn’t need to be a subject that’s avoided at home.
I’ve been on both sides of the classroom door as a teacher, tutor + parent.
And there’s no denying that the maths curriculum your child is following at school is vast. And the task of working out what they’re learning + what’s the best way to help them at home is overwhelming.
- Want to know exactly what areas of the curriculum you need to focus on at home (Spoiler alert: you don’t need to cover all the areas of the curriculum. Leave that to the teachers.)
- Are worrying about showing them the wrong way to do their multiplication, division, taking away and addition
- Have a battle on your hands with your child every time you sit down together to do some maths
- Want some inspiration for quick + simple maths activities you can do at home
- Need to ask a teacher a quick question about your child’s maths homework
- Some or all of the above.
I’m here to help.
How I can help
The Primary Maths for Parents Hub offers ideas, support + weekly live teaching sessions to give you the best ways to help your child at home with their maths learning.
TIMES TABLES WORKSHOP
Would you like to feel confident about helping your child learn their times tables + have a 4-step strategy to follow for making the learning of each times table a success?
PARENT POWER HOUR
Is there a specific area of the maths curriculum you would like explained to help you support your child’s maths learning at home? A one-hour call with me is all you need.
Do you feel your child needs 1-to-1 help from a qualified teacher with their maths learning ? I offer weekly 30 minute or one-hour sessions designed specifcally for your child.